Thursday, March 6, 2014

Too much sledding?

Are you tired of all our sledding pictures? Oh my goodness, we are having a great time but I hope and pray that we DON'T have the opportunity to go sledding again this winter. Please bring on the daffodils and warm spring air!!
 We tried out a new sledding hill in my parents community. There was a huge hill and a great jump into a bunker or sand trap. I have no idea what the correct lingo is. All I know is that according to Irina, when you sail through the air and then land in the bunker there are definite "bottom ouchies!"
 When you sled at a golf course you are also guaranteed to find some golf balls. 
 It's a good thing there are no flies, because Luke would surely have a mouthful. :)
 sweet, sweet friends/siblings. 
  
 I loved my rides with the kids!

On a more serious note, as you feel led please pray for compassion, understanding and patience as we parent our sweet daughter. There are so many twists and turns and so much confusion as we try to understand her varied emotions and behaviors.

Finally, a new fun discovery... Irina has a long strand of mardi gras beads that we received from a friend today. She began wrapping them around her fingers and playing "cat's cradle" - a game I LOVED to play as a little girl. Apparently, they played with string at the orphanage in Ukraine. I quickly cut a piece of elastic and we had a great time jogging my memory and teaching the boys to play. Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment