Sunday, March 16, 2014

Four

Adding a fourth kid to the family has brought about the anticipated changes: 
more laundry, increased grocery expenses, more dirty dishes and more messes to clean. 
 However, it also brings about much more hugs, kisses and love to share. 
It continues to be remarkable to both Darin and me how much Irina fits in with the boys 
and how natural it feels at times to have her as part of our family. 
There is no questioning that she is a girl and likes girly things. Yet, she is so comfortable and happy playing with the boys. 
We are all loving our Sunday tradition of family bike rides and spend as much time outside as possible. 
She loves to be outside just like the rest of us!

 Some of the few other noticeable changes since she's been here is all the locking of doors. 
Boys who were once very unconcerned with privacy are thankfully very modest and private. 
I have to carry around a key for the bedroom doors with me at all times, just in case a door accidentally gets locked. 
 I'm also swimming in pink laundry and am able to do a full load of it once a week. 
She usually gravitates toward the pink things in her closet, but also looks pretty in blue. 
 They pretend play so nicely together. They added lots of blankets to the play set and played "house" for at least an hour. 
(Of course Irina checked in with me every 15 minutes.) 
Irina told me we need to have seven kids and get a bigger van. I told her that four was enough for this Momma to handle, to which she tried to negotiate for five. Oh my! I'm pretty sure she wouldn't like to have my attention any more diverted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment