Monday, March 3, 2014

From Shorts to Snow Gear

I took the weekend off from taking pictures, but I did get this one shot. Sunday was a warm and sunny day with highs in the low 70's until an afternoon rain shower snuck up on our park plans. The kids were thrilled to have running races through the sprinkles in the driveway instead. Do you see they are wearing shorts?!?! I was cold, but of course they were HOT. I'm not sure Irina will ever get to wear all the cute capri pants I have for her. She is so desperate to wear shorts. 
Oh my goodness... all the pink is giving this blue loving girl a headache. ;) 
Fast forward 17 hours and this is what it looked like outside...
The rain changed to snow by 8am. It is still snowing now and 20 degrees. 
I can hardly believe I am in Virginia. 
I had some very eager students start school at 5:30am!! By 10:45 we were done with all our school except for some reading which we'll enjoy under a warm blanket this afternoon. It is rare we are all motivated to do our school work, so no complaining from me today. There was also a little healthy competition to be the first one out in the snow. 
We bundled up and enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood. I love walking in the snow!
 We tried to do some sledding on the steeper roads in our neighborhood, but the snow was too dry. 
How can four kids drive me crazy and make me so happy at the same time!?!
We will enjoy the rest of our snow day today and pray for spring! 
I am so ready to pack up all the snow gear until next year. 
 Today marks 3 months being home from Ukraine and 1 month until Irina's birthday. 
(And yes, there is a countdown.) 

On our walk today Irina said, "Mommy, no snow April, right? No snow June/July?" 
Please let it be so!! (Irina's English is REALLY coming along!)

No comments:

Post a Comment