Wednesday, March 12, 2014

An Unexpected "Vacation"

Last June, this pretty lady threw a wonderful adoption shower for us in anticipation of Irina's arrival. It was a very meaningful day that I never got around to blogging about. (I thought I was busy then!?! Ha!) We were showered with love, prayers and generous gifts for Irina.
I have known Jo for 20 years and have been continuously blessed by her friendship. We were college friends and had the privilege of traveling to Africa together on a mission trip in the '90s. She loves God with all her heart. She is a faithful friend!
Even though we don't live in the same town, we've stayed connected and I'm so glad! 
She has mentored me in child rearing, homeschooling and walking with the Lord. 
These are her sweet children back in 2004. 
Yesterday, we were spoiled beyond belief by a visit with them. After school Tuesday morning, 
we hopped in the car and made the hour trip to their house. They have been faithfully praying 
for us all along this journey and it was their first opportunity to meet Irina. 

The older girls took Irina under their wing and were so kind to her. I wasn't expecting Irina to leave my side, but she quickly warmed up to M & K and played happily without me! She would come to check in with me every 30 minutes, but then joyfully skip back upstairs to play with dolls and other girly toys. I couldn't believe it. Aaron was happy to hang with the girls. 
The three middle boys were in lego heaven. 

We were served lunch and sent home with a delicious dinner!!! Jo and I were able to have an adult conversation from the heart. Oh, it's so easy to talk with her and be real. What a precious gift! I seriously felt like I was on vacation. Just what my weary heart needed.  It was nearly impossible to leave and come home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment