Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pink Makes Me Cry

God blessed me with a really special moment last Friday. I had the night off from the bedtime routine (thank you Darin!) and was out and about buying a few things for Irina’s upcoming birthday. As I stood at the store picking out pink and purple birthday plates I began to get emotional. As I found the perfect birthday card, tears began rolling down my cheeks. At that moment, all the trying times were washed away with an unmistakable joy at the gift of being Irina’s mom. God knew before the beginning of time that we would have the privilege of being Irina’s parents at this time in her life. A little over a year ago, I would have never thought I’d be picking out pink and purple plates! God knew. He chose her for our family and He chose us. 

I'm so excited to celebrate her and the work that God is doing in her on her special day. Irina is literally counting down the days until her birthday. It's the first thing she tells us in the morning. As of today there are NINE days. She has made some special requests (what food she wants to eat, what gifts she would like, what she would like to do, who she would like to see, etc.). Most recently she told us she would like to wear a ribbon sash. Apparently, at the orphanage the child celebrating a birthday would wear a sash from their shoulder to their hip. Fun! I've got nine days to get my act together. Ack! 

* Maybe it's time I update this blog design with a little pink? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment