Thursday, February 20, 2014

Choose

The kids and I are reading a daily devotional every morning at breakfast entitled "Grace for the Moment - 365 Devotions for Kids" by Max Lucado. You can see it HERE. This opening introduction resonated so deeply I need to share it with you. 

It's Up to You
A lot of things will happen today. Some good. Some not so good. You can't always choose what happens in your day. But you can choose how you think about it and what you do about it.
So before you even get out of bed, before all the busyness of the world barges in on you..choose. Choose to follow God this day. What does that mean? It means... 
Choose love...
Love God- and love everything and everyone God loves.  
Choose joy...
Smile. Look for things to be happy about. See a problem as a chance to let God help you.  
Choose peace...
Forgive others because God forgives you. 
Choose patience...
Instead of being angry at having to wait, thank God for a time to pray. 
Choose kindness...
Be kind to everyone around you because God is kind to you. 
Choose goodness...
Do the right thing-even when it isn't easy, and even when no one else is. 
Choose faithfulness...
Keep your promises. Be a true friend. 
Choose gentleness...
Let the things you do and say build others up, not tear them down. 
Choose self-control...
When things don't go your way, remember God has a perfect plan for your life. 
My Prayer for Today
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control - that is what I will try to show today. I pray, Lord, that You will help me. When I mess up, please forgive my mistakes, and cover me with Your grace. And then, when this day is all done, I will lay my head on my pillow and rest. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment