Thursday, February 6, 2014

100th Day

We celebrated our 100th day of school today. For Irina, it was actually only her 
41st day of school with us but the boys were ready to celebrate! They enjoyed their breakfast.
 We did all our core school work first. (Math, Reading, Phonics, Grammar and Spelling) 
Then we got busy celebrating. There are so many cool ideas on the internet, 
but I just couldn't get all that together. I ended up scrapping the craft I had 
planned because I was too tired. Maybe we'll do it another day.
 I have to say that there was one boy in particular who did NOT think doing 
100 jumping jacks was any way to celebrate. ;) Oh my... the grumbling and grumbling. 
Don't let these happy photos fool you. Most of us had a good time, but not everyone. 
 100 jumps on the trampoline
 We went out in the garage and dribbled a basketball 100 times. 
 Hopping on one foot 100 times. Irina was HOT! 
I think she may think we are crazy. How in the world is this school? :)
 They each put together a 100 piece puzzle. Aaron gets the prize for being the most 
joyful and independent puzzler. Irina gets the prize for saying "Momma" the most. 
 Ethan finished first and happily helped everyone else. 
 Then they were told to work together as a team to build something with 100 lego duplos. 
 The photo above is after one boy pounded on another boys back for not agreeing with his idea. 
Oh boy... we need to work on our team work. After some tears, apologies and 
forgiveness, they got busy building together. 
 They were so excited by their lunch, but Irina was so confused. "This is lunch?" 
10 pretzels, 10 pieces of cheese, 10 carob chips, 10 almonds, 10 pieces of bread, 
10 pieces of cereal, 10 carrots, 10 frozen blueberries, 10 apple pieces, 10 raisins. 
I had grand plans of getting to the store and buying special treats for our lunch platter, 
but I forgot to take into consideration Darin's work dinner last night. I made the best with 
what we already had in the house. All in all, I'm glad we celebrated this little milestone. 

Only 80 more school days until summer break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment