Sunday, February 9, 2014

39

There has been quite a bit of celebrating over here and I'm a blessed girl.  
I have had a pretty spectacular 39th birthday weekend! It all started with a delicious birthday 
lunch with my parents after school on Friday. Then a mini joint birthday celebration with 
a special 10 & 8 year old girl on Friday afternoon. What a way to start the weekend!
Irina is not only excited about her own birthday, which is in April. She was equally 
excited for Mommy's birthday. So excited that she didn't go to sleep until almost 
10:00pm on Friday night. Every five minutes she would open her eyes and say 
again and again, "Mommy Happy Birthday zavtra (tomorrow)." "Mommy prize zavtra." 
"Mommy 39." It was cute at first, but oh my... by 9:30pm I was wishing we'd never 
told her about my birthday! She still needs me to sit in her room with her until 
she is asleep because of very real night fears, but my presence was just a 
reminder of the big day on Saturday. Oh my! 
Our excited girl has been preparing for my birthday for the past month. She went out shopping with Daddy and don't forget the birthday card she bought in April. She found a Valentine advertisement in the mailbox this week and disappeared only to return with these "pretty flowers" for Mommy. When she woke up Saturday morning she put on her prettiest dress for the special day. 
 Luke had reminded Daddy of this birthday sign he made a couple years ago and 
then Luke set the table for breakfast. Isn't that sign amazing!! Darin brought 
home bunches of tulips to add to the bunch from my parents. They are beautiful. 
All the kids were very pleased to present me with the gifts they bought with Daddy's help. 
Irina picked out this Willow Tree figurine. Lovely! I enjoyed a long 
reenergizing run and then brought the boys to gymnastics where I 
sat in the car ALONE! Ahh... what a wonderful 50 minutes 
of quiet in God's word. It was only noon and already 
I had had such a terrific day. 
It just kept getting better. My mom picked me up for lunch and shopping. 
I dislike shopping (I know I'm strange that way!), but it was so much fun to 
have adult conversation and a break from the demands of motherhood. 
I think this was my favorite gift from Darin... the gift of an afternoon 
away from the house. Such a treat!
 Then dinner and a huge chocolate chip cookie cake 
made by Darin while I was away for the afternoon. 

I am looking forward to dinner with two dear friends tonight. Wow! 
It has been a weekend to remember; cards in the mail, Facebook messages, 
phone calls, singing messages, special gifts, time alone, time with friends, 
and celebrating with my family. Thank you Lord for blessing me so much!

* After I posted this, I was surprised tonight by three additional friends 
joining our dinner party. I could not have been more thrilled to have this
time with 5 sweet ladies!! Thank you Jessica for coordinating the surprise, 
and thank you to my friends for carving out time away from your 
families to celebrate with me. My heart is overflowing! *

No comments:

Post a Comment