Saturday, August 23, 2014

We Did It

Despite my icky cold and lethargy, we did it! We completed our first two days of school.
And it actually went really well. gasp! Thank you, Jesus. 2 down, 178 to go.
 We started with a special hearty breakfast at 8am. I left the kids encouraging notes on their plates. 
This year I decided to wrap up all their school supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, new water bottles, etc.) 
in a big box. I also included a letter that I had them write to themselves at the end of last year.
 The older two boys went supply shopping with me, so this wasn't a complete surprise.
Somehow though, the extra effort to wrap them up meant a lot to them and that made me smile.
And I did throw in a few extra surprises. ;)
So here they are: My 1st grader, 3rd grader and two 5th graders. 
We had a challenging year last year and I actively questioned whether it was the 
right choice to continue schooling them all at home. We investigated all sorts of 
different scenarios. (public, private, some home, some in school elsewhere) 
I am not of the opinion that homeschooling is the only way or necessarily the 
best way to school your children. I'm open to wherever the Lord leads. 
After all, that's all that matters isn't it? Doing what God wants us personally to do, right? :)
So we're off! Another year of LOTS of time with these silly kids. 
Another year that they get to spend LOTS of time with this crazy mama! 
It was a prayerful decision that was not taken lightly.
I am honored to be their mom and will do my very best, with God's help, 
to teach them all they need to know academically and most importantly spiritually. 
Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment