Friday, August 15, 2014

Road Trip

This week I packed up our bags and the kids and I took a trip to visit my brother, 
sister-in-law and their two boys (ages 5 and 6). The kids were so excited to 
go that they were chanting "J, J, A, B... J, J, A, B... J, J, A, B..." 
again and again. (J, J, A, B are the initials of my brother and his family.)
It was such a good diversion for my weary heart. My sister-in-law was a
thoughtful hostess. We ate delicious meals together and the kids really 
enjoyed each others company. Plus, Janna and I got to sit on the couch just 
talking on Tuesday when we arrived. (It was POURING!!!) Can you even imagine? 
Sitting on the couch while 6 kids (5 of which are boys) played cooperatively?!?! Awesome!
When the rain cleared up we had great fun outside in the low humidity and beautiful weather. 
These two boys below, Aaron and cousin A, are Adorable! 
Tuesday night Aaron gave A a hug and said, "I'm going to be your best buddy forever."

 I'm thankful for the way they all got along and especially how Irina fit right in. 
She played with cousin A for a while with his play kitchen and helped cousin B build "small legos."
  Cousin B would shout, "ARENA (that is how he pronounces her name), COME PLAY SMALL LEGOS WITH ME." (on repeat!) She would look at me with a smile on her face, shrug her shoulders and say, "I think B likes me." Then she'd run off and go play with him. 

We went on scooter rides 2 days, went to a park, went on a nature walk and...
 had a blast with the slip n' slide in the back yard! (Irina's first time)


 A fun-filled two days followed by Daddy's surprise arrival Wednesday 
night while the kids were sleeping. We took the kids to the zoo on Thursday. 
Another first for Irina... pictures coming soon.Thank you J, J, A, and B for 
opening your home, sharing your toys and offering this Momma a few days of relaxation. 
I'm not sure how it felt that way with six kids buzzing around, but it did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment