Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Getting Ready

In our home environment, our little lady tells me 
"NO" nearly every time I ask her to do something. 

"Irina, will you brush your hair?" "No." 
"Irina, please get dressed." "No." 
"Irina, fix your bed before breakfast." "No." 
It is her reflex answer nearly every time I ask her to do something.  
I could say, "Is your name Irina?" and she would say, "No." 

(Now, if Darin asked or another friend or family member 
was nearby listening that would be an entirely different story.)
The funny thing is that if I get busy cleaning or making a meal and I DON'T 
ask for her help, she will very quickly insert herself as my determined helper. 
(whether I like it or not!) Monday, I gladly accepted her help as I prepped our school 
room for the start of school. I like to take everything out and scrub the floors and walls. 
 Luke heard the vacuum and saw her cleaning the walls and moaned, 
"Why didn't you tell me you were cleaning the schoolroom? Irina's going to 
do all the work and not leave any for me." What??!?!?!?!?!? 
There are some advantages to competition amongst siblings. 
 They erased pencil marks, cleaned the french doors, washed the walls, baseboards and floors. 
Aaron came down and saw the commotion and whined, 
"Are they earning money? Why didn't you tell me? I want to help."
I put him to work dusting our workboxes. 
Many hands make for light work. School room cleaned and everything put back in carefully. 
Too bad the rest of the house has dust bunnies everywhere. I think I'll spend the next few days
basking in the cleanliness of the schoolroom and keep my blinders up around the rest of the house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment