Friday, April 11, 2014

Adventure or Clean House?

I've had several blog posts swirling in my head for the past few weeks and I never seem to have the time to actually get them on the computer. You know the blog posts that are full of words and take careful thought?! Such is life these days... especially as we've gotten to really enjoy several days of spring temperatures! I've somewhat abandoned my desire for a clean, neat and tidy house. It drives my obsessive/compulsive self CRAZY, but I think (hope) when I look back on these younger years I will be grateful we have had lots of fun adventures together.

Who else but Daddy would think to lift the boys up on the park swing set to practice pull-ups? 

 We went on a hike at a nearby park and found this rope. We had no idea how sturdy the rope was and asked Ethan NOT to swing across the disgusting, murky water below. It took EVERY OUNCE of his self control to obey. Seriously, he held that rope so long and I could see an inner struggle. Finally, he was able to walk away. Phew!
Yes, he made it!

She has joined right in with all the jumping and climbing we do around here. 
(And, she asks me take pictures of her jumps. "Please Mommy. One picture!")


 They have their moments, but they have really formed a tight bond. So thankful!
 There is A LOT of talk about muscles and how strong they all are. Irina takes great pride in showing us how big her muscles are. (although they are really rather squishy, but we nod and say "yes, you are strong!")



 Irina begged me to pose for a picture showing my muscles, but I just couldn't do it. ;)




 That branch makes such a nice mustache on Aaron. 

 In a few minutes, Ethan had climbed this tree with little difficulty. I was holding my breath. 

 Luke was DETERMINED to do it and he stuck with it with a little lift from Poppy. 
He couldn't let his little brother outdo him!
 Finally Irina asked to try the rope swing. She did it two times! Brave girl!
We have more excitement to look forward to this weekend and next week. My younger brother and his family are arriving from Canada tonight. CAN'T WAIT to squeeze them. I haven't seen them in two years. They'll be staying with my parents. Then next week, my older brother and his family will also be arriving at my parents for several days. We'll take 3 days off from school to enjoy this family time. 8 adults and 8 kids! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet memories. Very nice clicks. are you professional photographer. Happy mothers day 2014 to all of you

    ReplyDelete