Friday, December 6, 2013

Two Weeks

This sweet girl has been our daughter for two weeks as of today. 
It has been a very full two weeks. We love her!
We are busy, busy, busy over here, but today was a day to be thankful. 
* We received this beautiful and delicious Edible Arrangement today from dear friends. Thank you, Shines! Yum!

* Luke and Ethan joined forces and asked to do extra jobs. How could I turn them down? They matched up all the socks from 7 loads of laundry, sorted them and put them away. They collected trash and cleaned several windows. This was an unexpected service as well as great team work! I'm not sure what inspired them, but it was a welcome surprise.

* We found a little more balance in time spent doing activities with mommy and time spent playing independently. I was able to do a few necessary tasks. (Although, I still have some unpacking to do as well as lots of Christmas shopping. Oh my!)

We were able to enjoy time playing outside together and everyone wanted their picture taken doing stunts or silly poses. (We're gearing up for a potential ice storm this weekend so I wanted to be sure we got in as much outside play as possible.)

 Irina is all about making funny faces when I take photos lately. 
Perhaps she's had enough of my obsessive photography? :)

We're slowly getting back on track with sleep, but I'm ready for the weekend. It's time to put blogging on the back burner for a bit so I can get caught up with other responsibilities. Please pray for our transition back to school on Monday and patience for everyone as we add one more kid to our homeschool routine. I'm anticipating a three ring circus, but maybe God will surprise me! It's possible. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment