Monday, December 16, 2013

Teeth Report

Thank you for praying. Our dental appointment at noon could not have gone better under the circumstances. Grammy was available and willing to watch the boys, a friend dropped Luke off after his classes at Westminster, I had a translator on call and Darin met us at the dentist. I'm so thankful for all the help!! Did I mention I've also been receiving meals 1-2 times per week? I had one delivered today while I was gone and let me tell you this has helped me to survive. Thanks to all of you for participating in orphan care!!!

I took zero pictures at our appointment. Irina was scared and mad at me. Dr. Foy was AWESOME! I could see her relax a bit as he talked to her. She does have an abscess and we are treating it with a prescription. Her dental needs are so extensive that we have been referred to a pediatric dentist. We need to prepare for sedation and MANY extractions. Probably the sooner the better. It's unbelievable and I had to stop myself from bawling as I saw inside her mouth. Luke's comment this morning, "Isn't it good that Irina is with us and we can help her to feel better? They'd probably just ignore it and do nothing at the orphanage and then she'd be in pain." These boys are taking it ALL in.

At the conclusion of the appointment, Irina was skipping around and happy. I'm glad she had a good experience. She picked out a little toy before we left and asked if she could pick out one for each of the boys too. What a generous spirit!! We have an appointment next week to come up with a plan. Please pray that her pain is managed with ibuprofen and antibiotics until we are able to schedule her procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment