Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Little Things

Sometimes it is the little things that fill my heart with thanksgiving.

1) Luke came to me excitedly this morning. "Mommy, guess what song came on the radio just now?" (guesses from me) "It was 'Fix My Eyes' and it was like God was reminding me to start my day by fixing my eyes on Jesus."

2) Ethan is exploring his God-given talent and creating new drawings daily. He made this one today by looking at a tiny picture he saw on the cover of a book.

3) I wouldn't have guessed taking a personality test would bless me, but it did.  I took this test HERE. My results strongly favored one specific personality type. It has been a blessing to think through both my strengths and weaknesses. God has been reminding me that He's at work smoothing out those many rough edges. Somehow it was so eye-opening and not discouraging. "Being confident of this that He who began a work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

4) Our young lady (but really still a little girl) was loved by her sweet brothers this week. The boys set up this stuffed animal display on Irina's bed and that made her so happy. She was giddy! (It was pretty thoughtful that Luke cleaned her room for her too!)

5) Aaron has been doing a lot of sleep walking and having lots of night terrors these days. I don't love seeing him distressed, but once he calms down he is SO snuggly and sweet. I'm glad my boy is still cuddly even though he is growing up so fast. 

6) Saving money on gas makes me thankful. With Kroger Fuel perks, I saved 90 cents per gallon.  Hooray! Only $18.22 for 18 gallons of gas...wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment