Friday, February 13, 2015

Little Snippets

Phew! It is a good thing I had all those hours to relax last weekend, because this week has been a whirlwind. It's been full of challenging school days, two variety show practices, Bible study, gymnastics, drum lessons, a doctor appointment, counseling, basketball practice and MORE. The kind of week that requires a 6am trip to the grocery store because there is no other time to squeeze it in and we had no groceries. I seriously would rather set my alarm at 5:45 to exercise then go the grocery store. Yikes! I know some of you are used to this kind of full schedule, but I am not. I guess now that I am a mature 40, I can handle it. Right? (wink, wink)

Here are some snippets from our day today. See if you can guess who said each one.

1) "If I take my math quiz, will you give me 5000 kisses on the lips?" What?! How about on the cheek? 

2) "I did all my school work. I feel terrific!" (at 7:25am)

3) "Please stop banging your pencil on the table. STOP banging."

4) "This is too hard for me. You need to help me."

5) One child was working on language arts. He was directed to underline the nouns, circle the adjectives, and draw arrows to the nouns they describe.

The sentence was, "A glowing orange sun sank behind the purple hills."  To which the child remarked, "Ooo...pretty. I need to draw a picture of this." And he whipped out a short pencil from his pocket and began sketching.

SO... did you figure it out? Do you know who said each snippet?


Answers:
1) Aaron "Kiss"topher Smith (His middle name is really Christopher, but man he is all about kissing these days. I need to pray for this boy!)

2) Luke  - SO proud to see him maturing and working hard. It has not always been this way. And don't worry, he still had more school work to do but he needed the computer and a little help from Mom.

3) ME... the boys are constantly drumming, beating, banging ALL DAY LONG. I much prefer Luke's loud drum set to all the tapping and banging.

4) Sweet Irina... she is hitting some hard patches in school and can get very discouraged. She much preferred the easier work, but it is time to progress. Pray for her!

5) Last but not least, Ethan... my artist. He carries a little pencil in his pocket so he is always ready to sketch. Sort of reminds me of someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment