Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bright Spots

I have to say I was NOT looking forward to the forecasted snow on Monday. I'm usually a big fan of snow, but this time I was less then excited for the disruption to our schedule, the piles of snow gear by the back door, and icy neighborhood streets that keep me from my running routine. A little bah humbug from me! That's why I'm trying to notice some sweet moments this evening.
The kids did not share my negative sentiments about the snow.  They were thrilled! 
Especially this little snow bunny. ;) She jumped right in our 5.5 inches of light fluffy snow. 
I didn't plan for a snow day from our school work, so they were surprised when I told them they could take a long break to play. AND, they could even stay in their jammies. It was pajama day at our house even under their snow gear. (Me too!)
I'm thankful that after an hour in the snow, they were rather cooperative to resume our school work. Don't worry... we didn't do our full load of school work. However, doing a little helped my lesson plans to not get too out of whack. I'm uptight that way. 
What a happy surprise to find Ethan in his room on his bunk READING independently! He's been able to read for a while now and will read for school assignments. However, I've been eagerly waiting for him to discover the joy of independent reading. I knew I couldn't push him and so I waited (rather impatiently and with a bit of unnecessary worry). In the midst of my grouchiness today, I have to say this blessed me quite a bit. Doesn't that look like a cozy spot? Especially in pajamas!
This girl LOVES to be outside and active. Her little cheeks were 
so pink from running up and down the sledding hill. 
She is full of such JOY. That's a bright spot.


These lilies were from Darin for my birthday. They've been in the dining room closed up and unnoticed.
What a pleasant surprise to realize they burst into bloom yesterday and more today. Another bright spot. 
And lastly, I heard some rocking out while I was preparing dinner. Sure enough, Luke and Daddy were jamming out and making music together with the drums and electric guitar/amplifier. Luke was GIDDY. "Daddy, what do you think we should name our band?" ultimate sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment