Tuesday, July 15, 2014

6 and 8

We celebrated Aaron and Ethan's 6th and 8th birthdays last Wednesday and Thursday. 
Aaron's birthday came first. He was so excited that he woke up at 5am. 

I sent him on a hunt for clues to find his main gift that was hidden in the back of our van. 
His "new to him" bicycle. I love craigslist for boys bikes!
After breakfast, we went on a ride through the neighborhood. Aaron usually looks like a hamster spinning on it's wheel when he rides his bike. With larger wheels at the same intensity, he is SPEEDY! Ethan is sporting his "7" shirt on his last day being seven. 

We enjoyed playing with the parachute before the rain began.



football cupcakes for our sports lover
On Thursday, it was time to celebrate Ethan. This is Ethan below, six years ago. 
It was the day before his birthday. I was in labor with Aaron waiting for 
Darin to take me to the hospital. I had Ethan open a gift he received in the mail for his birthday. 
I didn't get to spend the day with Ethan when he turned two 
because I was in the hospital with his brother. 
I'm so glad I got to be with Ethan on his 8th birthday. 
He enjoyed another hunt with four clues to find his gift. 
I had so much fun coming up with rhyming clues. 
He's pretty excited about a new fish tank and picking out fish!
The rest of his birthday was a bit of a blur and I didn't take many pictures. 
I had to reschedule plans to take Ethan to ride horses due to inclement weather. Bummer! 
Daddy came home early and cooked delicious steaks on the grill and 
we served up some homemade ice cream cake. 
We are now officially the parents of an 11, 10, 8 and 6 year old and I found my second gray hair. 
The fun is just beginning! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment