Thursday, January 23, 2014

Twirling and Giggling

Our afternoons are all about being together. Irina wants/needs to be with me at all times. The boys are afraid they will miss out on any fun. So therefore, I have four little shadows with me every afternoon. We usually go to the park or play outside, but the six loads of laundry sitting at the end of my bed desperately needed to be folded and put away. I didn't have the energy to make them participate in the folding… which they are fully capable of doing. Instead, they were going to dance and do gymnastics in my room while I folded. What happened next took my breath away. 
Irina changed into a summer dress and brought her Christian praise CD into my room. 
(A stocking stuffer that she LOVES!! Thanks BC.)
She instructed the boys where to sit and told them to clap. 
Then she began to dance. It was quite primitive, but she was full of JOY.

She danced and twirled and giggled until she was red in the face.
We listened to "Jesus Loves Me" and "Hail Jesus You're My King." 

The boys clapped and cheered and took pictures/video with her camera. (At her instruction)
She was delighted and thrilled with the attention. Then she asked me to call 
Daddy so he would come home from work in time to watch her perform again before bedtime. 
Certainly a sweet moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment