Monday, January 6, 2014

Teeth, Sleep and Truth

I wish I could keep all these posts light, fluffy and magical. Alas, that is not where I am right now. I haven't even picked up my camera as much these past few days. It often feels like too much effort.

Two brief updates:
1) We have not scheduled Irina's dental surgery yet. We finally heard back from the pediatric dentist late last week, but it is a complicated process with dental insurance, etc.. I do covet your prayers as we move forward with scheduling this procedure and will certainly keep all you prayer warriors updated as soon as we know the date. Thank you!

2) Irina continues to struggle with sleep. Usually around 7 or 7:30 she begins to get hyped up about not wanting to go to sleep and that lasts until 9:30 or later. Since last week we had two nights in which she agreeably went to sleep at 8, but the majority of the time it is still an issue. She is afraid and her fear causes her to act in dramatic ways. She does continue to wake regularly in the night crying and need my comfort. Please pray for wisdom and rest. Parenting a hurt child is quite unlike parenting a child who has been nurtured and cared for. I am praying this scripture (translated into Russian) will comfort her and that God will use it to penetrate her fearful heart. Maybe over time? "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8 [Thanks KP for the scripture reference!] It is so tempting to want the problem to just go away, but I think that working through this may be part of her healing process. So pray for my compassion and patience as we walk this path. Pray that Irina would learn trust.

This morning after breakfast I was able to experience some inner joy. Praise the Lord for this. I know many of you are praying. Thank you. This is hard stuff and while some of you may think I am being overdramatic, I am not. MY tears are becoming a bit of a nuisance. But there is HOPE and I had a glimpse of that today. God is my fortress and my rock. He is sustaining me. God's word set to music speaks to me every time. Not necessarily even Christian music, but straight scripture set to music. Last year for Christmas, my brother and sister-in-law got me four "Seeds Family Worship" cd's. I'd say they are probably the best gifts that I've ever received. (Thank you J&J!) It's intended for kids, but I listen to it when I'm running, walking or even if I'm alone in the car. It's awesome. Check it out! This morning, it was JUST what I needed to hear and meditate on.

Here is the scripture that I am memorizing.

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you, he will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer." Psalm 4:1

"Teach me your way O Lord and I will walk in you truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave." Psalm 86:12-13

More light and fluffy posts coming soon… I promise! And more pictures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment