Monday, January 4, 2016

Do I dare...

...sit down to catch up on the blog and squeeze all of December into one post??

Let's see how far I can get in 20 minutes. I've missed being here. I've been trying to make sure my priorities are in line. That means less time for blogging and more time being intentional about my time with Darin. I thinks it's a good choice. big smile... (wish I knew how to add emojis to the blog. I love those little faces!)


Really wanted to get a professional photo taken this year (never had one before), but alas, we couldn't squeeze it in with all Darin's fall traveling and kid busyness. We roped my brother into being our photographer, but I didn't pick a great time of day. Way too sunny... we'll try again in the spring. Maybe things will slow down?? ha!

I tell ya, these four kids above are all so different. Truly! It's amazing to me how they are growing into little people. Ack!!! It's a big job (scary and overwhelming at times) to be responsible for shaping them, but I keep reminding myself that God's got my back. He loves them more then I do. I still fret more then I should. :(
Irina begged for a picture with me because we were "twins" in our blue. She is a beautiful puzzle. Still hard at times to see the big picture (my nose gets stuck studying things too close up). ugh! We are required by the Ukrainian consulate to submit a yearly report on her development (physical, emotional, and developmental). For us, it's due every year in December. It's a gift to sit down and assess the year and stop to acknowledge her growth. It's quite a detailed report. I should probably complete one for each of the kids. It will be so valuable to have to look back on. Definitely a blessing to stop and see the big picture. 

We stayed nearby for Thanksgiving and celebrated with both sides of the family. (Thursday and Friday) I didn't grow up with cousins my age, so it's fun to watch the kids enjoy one another. I neglected to get photos of the Smith side, but I made up for it at Christmas. Pictures coming soon!
 Special turkey crafts planned by a clever and thoughtful cousin. 
All unique and matching their personalities. 
We did some room re-arranging and re-discovered the dress up clothes... Do you think 7 year old Aaron has outgrown the 4T monkey costume? Yikes!! He was so excited to squeeze into it, but I don't think it felt very good in certain areas. ouch! Aaron is certainly the playful, silly showman.
Ethan can be a very determined young fellow. There are advantages and disadvantages to that quality trait. ;) Below he is working on a model of the Jamestown Settlement. He was so focused and serious about this project. love it! (And I love that he is at the age that he can do this on his own, with very little help from me.)


 My time is up... maybe more tomorrow? There is so much more to include from December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment