Thursday, November 26, 2015

Two Year Anniversary

On Sunday, we came directly from the marriage conference and met my parents and the kids at a local performance of Mary Poppins. It was a surprise for the kids and a great way to celebrate being a family of six for two years. Two years ago on Sunday, the judge signed papers officially declaring Irina as our daughter. Mary Poppins is one of the first movies we watched together with Irina after returning home from Ukraine, so it was a fitting way to celebrate.

Can you believe how much Irina has changed? I'm not shrinking... she's growing like a weed. Almost 5'2" now!! The chilly day on Sunday certainly reminded me of weather we experienced in Ukraine two years ago. Brrr...
Two years ago
Sunday 11/22/15
Following the performance, we came home and ate a Ukrainian meal that I had prepped before the weekend. I didn't have time to try something new, so I stuck with a similar menu as last year. Seen HERE.   (vareniki, zazharka, chicken kotleti, and honey cake) We were happy to have my parents join us after they served us over the weekend keeping the kids. 

It's hard to process all the twists and turns of the past two years. I'm struggling to put my thoughts into words in a clear way. We've had triumphs and despair; smiles and tears. No matter what our path, there have been lessons to learn along the way -- some clear and some not so clear. Life in our house is constantly changing, but the best news is that God does not change. His love endures forever. His faithfulness endures forever. I can lean on Him through the ups and downs.

"You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you." Psalm 118:28

Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete