Tuesday, January 5, 2016

December Part 2

I'm back again... maybe I can finish up December?
Luke has been taking drum lessons for over a year. This December, he played in his first showcase. He's on the right. If you know anything about Luke, you know he is shy and doesn't like to be the center of attention. However, he LOVES music and he loves playing the drums. It was a huge risk for him to play in a school auditorium. So fun to see him use his God given talents to bring God glory. If you want to watch the video, click HERE
 The annual twirl in the tree skirt picture. 
And yes, it was warm enough to have short sleeves and bare feet. crazy!
 We had the windows open. We were all wearing shorts. Are you kidding me?! I loved it! 
The irony of the snowman besides the open window. Definitely not typical for Virginia.
 After school one day, the kids rode their bikes and I ran, ran, ran. Ahhh!!!
 Our annual tacky light tour... no need for major bundling because it wasn't very cold. 
(I need to mention it was 18 degrees this morning when I went running. We're back to winter.)

 Beautiful lights!!
Luke and Irina participated in a drama club at church this winter. Yes, Luke is the only boy with all those girls! He wanted to do it, so after some consideration we said sure. Luke and Irina both had simple roles, but it was really good for them to work as an ensemble and do a little public speaking. More risk taking. wow! The group performed on the last night of kids club before Christmas break. Luke's report, "That was awesome!"
The final show was followed by dinner out with LONG time friends. The adults may have had more fun then the kids. I don't think I've giggled that hard in a while. We made quite a raucous and I loved that my cheeks hurt from smiling.
It'll take at least one more post to finish December. Getting closer to being caught up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment