Thursday, January 21, 2016

Calm No More

Well, our calm start to 2016 didn't last very long. That's not really surprising. ;) We are LOUD, talkative, crazy busy, stubborn, out of control silly, defiant, and did I mention loud? I'm not rolling with the chaos in an excellent way, but if I look hard there are a lot of good (maybe even GREAT) things happening around me.

I was challenged recently by a mature prayerful woman in my core group at Community Bible Study. Although my default is melancholy and "glass is half empty", nothing is impossible with God. Rather then make excuses, maybe I should PRAY specifically for God to change that character trait? The Holy Spirit can teach me to be full of joy and peace in all circumstances. Really?! That's exciting to consider and that is my prayer for 2016. That gives me hope. :)

"The Lord will work out his plans for my life, for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever." Psalm 138:8

Here's what's happening around here:
Aaron is having a great time with basketball. 
The last night of Christmas lights. Cheery and chilly!
Ethan is swimming twice a week, which means I keep the other three 
active while he swims. (If it's warm enough.) We've taken scooter rides, 

walks to the library, playground play, and on these colder days they play cards in the YMCA lobby. 
Ethan has gotten on a cross stitching kick and once he starts he can't stop!
Seriously! I have found him hiding in his closet stitching after 9pm and before 6am. 
When he is interested in something, his focus is amazing. 

Our first TASTE of snow...more snow coming very soon.

Aaron has been performing and thinks he is a rock star. Oh dear!

Brrr... chilly morning runs! 16 degrees.
It's actually not too bad with the right clothing. 
The calm before the storm is worth getting out of a warm bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment