Monday, January 19, 2015

Joyful Noise

I never would have believed it, but we have officially entered the world of drumming.

When Luke began drumming back in the summer, it never once crossed my mind that we would have A DRUM SET IN OUR HOUSE! (Isn't that silly of me?)

What is even more amazing is that every time he plays I am filled with JOY. It is not noise in a negative sense of the word. (And I'm sensitive to noise.) It is a noise filled with exuberance and creativity. I don't smile nearly enough these days, but hearing him skillfully beat the bass, hit the snare drum, toms, and high hat makes me SMILE. Luke was meant to make music. It is his gift from God. What a joyful noise! (hopefully the neighbors feel the same way.)
 He might be a wee bit happy too! :)
Even better is watching him when he doesn't know you are watching. 
He is relaxed and grooving to the beat. It is awesome! 
Those of you who know Luke as the quiet, shy guy would never believe it. 

1 comment: