Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Choices

Tuesday afternoon I had a choice. Do dishes? (Please don't judge my DIRTY sink!)
Fold laundry? 
Set up for school for Wednesday? Some other chore on my list? (the list is so long!)

OR spend quality time with four people clamoring for my attention. It should be a no-brainer, right?
Unfortunately, it was a hard intentional choice to put aside my tasks and engage with them. 

The weather was lovely. (low to mid 50's) Not too cold at all!
 We rode bikes,
Irina and I walked hand in hand (she LOVES physical touch non-stop... 
a hug, holding hands, touching feet during meals, a tap, resting her head on my 
shoulder, rubbing her nose on my sleeve... you get the idea.),
some football for my sports guy, 
exuberant and whimsical skipping, (see two boys ahead on bikes)
she is fluttering like a butterfly!
and a version of dodge ball in the backyard.

Luke was there, he just requested not to be in pictures. 
He made sure I deleted any with his face in them. 

I actually had to set my timer on my watch so I would stay engaged and playing WITH them. 
Mid way through, I took a break and did those dishes in the sink. I couldn't stand it. Then back 
to the backyard for more running around dodging the blue ball. It wasn't an overly adventurous
activity, but the kids were excited and that makes me happy. I think I made the right choice Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment