Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas Recap #1

School starts back up tomorrow! (I better get to sleep.) We had 12 days off from school (including weekends) and I can barely believe it's time to kick back into gear. Those 12 days were very full of celebrating, hosting, traveling, more celebrating, and trying to keep up. Perhaps it will feel like a break to be back to our regular schedule?

We began our Christmas celebrating with Darin's sister and family on the 20th. 
They joined us for a quick visit to our favorite Christmas lights nearby. 

 We ate a simple dinner of tortilla soup. 
 We all enjoyed meeting our newest niece. She's so cute and tiny!
The Smith cousins (ages 11, 11, 6 weeks, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 -- counter clockwise from Irina)


Celebration #2 was on Christmas Eve.
The kids love our Christmas Eve service at church. 
I was struck by how happy this boy was on Christmas Eve.  
I had good intentions to follow Ukrainian traditions for a Christmas Eve meal. (Thank you Aunt Carol for taking the time to share so many details with me!) I had to make the hard, but wise choice,  to keep things more simple this year. However, I did make the Ukrainian Kolach bread. Maybe next year I'll add more traditions?
Following church, we were so happy to host our dear family friends for Christmas Eve dinner. 
These kids have been friends since they were babies. 
Happy Birthday Jesus!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment