Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas Recap #4

Since today is the day Ukraine celebrates Christmas, I feel safe posting my final Christmas post. ;) Are you tired of hearing all about our Christmas yet? Now do you see why our 12 days off were so full!?

On New Years Day, we again went to my parents house and celebrated the new year and Christmas all at once with my older brother and his family. My mom sets a pretty table. She left an empty spot anticipating I would bring flowers, which I did. ;)
 One of these days I'll remember to set up a tripod so I can be in these family photos. 
My dad reminded me how much Irina has matured in table manners in a year. One year ago at Christmas, she could NOT sit at the table. She was up and down and around and about. She was flicking on and off light switches (which she still does, but not during the meal thankfully.) She was under the table and unsure (understandably) how to behave at such a table. This year, she sat patiently, ate, and listened. At the end of the meal she said to Grammy, "Thank you for dinner. Please may I be excused?" I am glad others can point out progress when I forget to notice.
 Irina found these battery operated dancing snowmen and Poppy foolishly kindly put batteries in for her.  The three youngest began dancing around the snowmen as they glided across the floor. Irina (as seen above) quickly called to Luke and Ethan to join in the circle.
What resulted was very cute! They were giggling and smiling and having a great time. 
Then the loud snowmen needed to go take a nap. 
Getting antsy while they wait for 2 more cousins for the picture. 
What a lot of personality!?
Still waiting... Aaron is entertaining with some karaoke?
Finally 6 smiles! The two remaining cousins are girls and all the way in western Canada. 
I'm sure Irina wishes they were here to balance things out. That is a lot of testosterone. 
Or maybe I should think of it as 5 bodyguards? 

No comments:

Post a Comment