Saturday, May 24, 2014

Strawberry Madness

After school last Wednesday, we met some friends for strawberry picking. I didn't tell the kids where we were going or who we were meeting. They were so excited when we pulled up and saw our out of town friends. It was the perfect half way meeting place.
It doesn't take long for 7 kids to fill 5 boxes. 

Love this lady! What a dear, dear friend! She always encourages me.

Only 30 minutes later, I had to force them to stop picking. 
I don't want to even tell you how much our four boxes cost. ouch! 

A picnic with beautiful scenery, great conversation, buttercup crowns, tag and so much fun!
Then on to home to deal with our yummy treats. By 1:00am that evening, 
my eyes were crossing but I had made one strawberry pie, one strawberry 
rhubarb pie, strawberry muffins, and frozen lots of berries for smoothies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment