Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Laundry Discovery

Okay... I may be way behind here, but I recently realized something that has brought me much relief.

MY CHILDREN CAN FOLD THEIR OWN LAUNDRY AND PUT IT AWAY! 

You may be scratching your head and saying, "duh!" Perhaps you already know this?? Why have I been in the dark?

Here is what I WAS doing... I'm very routine oriented. Monday is kid laundry day. Luke usually helps me sort out the colors and get it started Sunday evening. Then I finish up during the day on Monday and fold about 5-6 loads on Monday evening. Sometimes I would even put all their laundry into their drawers for them. Seriously... this madness needed to stop. If I had an evening commitment on Monday, I would feel anxious until all the laundry was folded and put away. I greatly dislike having unfolded clean laundry sitting around in baskets. It literally gives me stomach aches. 


Now? Ahhh... the relief. I run the loads through the washer. No problem. Then Monday evening, I spend a maximum of 15 minutes separating the laundry into four baskets. (The only loads that are really a mixture are the load of whites and 1 load of pink/red. Other then that the laundry is mostly separated by kid when it is washed.) I deliver the baskets to their room Monday night and VOILA! They fold it and put it away. 

Irina and Luke are very diligent. Irina hangs up most of her shirts inside out, but that doesn't bother me. She can turn them right side out when she wears them. Aaron (age 6) and Ethan (age 8) need a little coaxing to put it away, but even with that this new system is saving me at least an hour (if not more) per week! Does anyone have any more laundry time saving tips they want to share? I'm all ears. 



No comments:

Post a Comment