Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Memories

Hallelujah! He is Risen! 

It's been a bitter sweet Easter season this year and I don't take this closeness with God for granted. Instead of running myself ragged doing lots of Easter teaching activities and crafts with the kids, we kept it simple and that was just right for us this year. (no guilt that I didn't DO all that I wanted to DO.) We read scripture together and worshipped together at church. I'm thankful that the truth of the season was in the forefront for me this year, which is not always the case.

Easter Sunday was a day for celebrating NEW LIFE, and God's promises kept! 

 We had a quiet and pleasant afternoon with my parents who live nearby. 
I made the traditional Ukrainian Easter bread, but learned of a new recipe that looks quite different. I'll have to try that next year.
The kids still get excited about hunting for Easter eggs. (even when half of them are empty!) 
I asked my mom when they would outgrow enjoying this tradition and she said, "I haven't." :) 
 They dyed eggs outside in the beautiful weather. 


Just a lovely quiet day... Thank you Jesus!

(We missed seeing all our other family - siblings, other grandparents, etc.. 
However, it was so good for us to have a relaxed schedule with no traveling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment