Saturday, April 4, 2015

Flowers Have Bloomed

Back in September, I blogged about my heart feeling like a dry dessert. (As seen HERE) However, in the midst of that dryness the Lord was drawing me to Him. I was thirsty and knew the only thing that would bring life was my relationship with Jesus Christ. As a result, I had HOPE. It was shaky, but it was there.

This passage of scripture was a source of great encouragement:
"The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy." Isaiah 35:1-2

Shortly after I posted my rumblings to the blog, I received this from a dear friend at church:
"Plant these now and in the spring you will be reminded of the new life that comes from Christ." 
And so, I followed her instructions and found a good spot to plant the crocus bulbs. Ethan was my helper. 

What could be more joyful on this day before Easter then to see these blooms? 

"O God, Creator of heaven and earth: Grant that, as the crucified body of your dear Son was laid in the tomb and rested on this holy Sabbath, so we may await with him the coming of the third day, and rise with him to newness of life; who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.  - from the Book of Common Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment