Monday, August 15, 2016

Spring Beach Trip

Hello! Finally coming up for air to catch up on this 'ole blog. Summer has been full and I just haven't felt like blogging. It will be a whirlwind catch up...

We went to the beach at the end of May/first week of June. Here are some photo memories...
The kids were really ready for a break from school (me too!) This was our tenth year going to the Outer Banks. 
It was probably the rainiest week in all ten years, but we made the best of it. 


 As long as it's not thundering and lightening, why not swim in the pool? You get wet anyway. ;)

The beach is still fun in the rain, right? Didn't stop these kids from splashing in the water and digging in the sand. 
I had strange delusions they would stay dry in raincoats. Ha! 

I love biking and exercising with my family. 
Had a little reality check with the power of the ocean. 
No one was harmed, but Poppy and I were a little nervous. 
Ahhh... bright sunshine! And I didn't dress them like triplets. I promise. 
We just happen to have a lot of duplicate clothes in many sizes that 
just keep getting passed down. I'm not sure they even realized. 
Once swim team started, they ditched the swim shirts. 
It sure did make sunscreen application a bit easier at the beach. 
This picture above needs to be my screen saver. 
I can't explain why this view and these colors make me so happy. 
These kids had a really terrific week. They truly enjoyed 
each other and were mostly a pleasure to be around. 
At least that's what I remember almost 2 months later. ;)

No siblings or cousins this year, but it was great to make beach memories with Grammy & Poppy.



And the lady behind the camera most of the time...
my mom actually caught me smiling and laughing. 
Something I don't do nearly enough! The kids were 
thrilled that I let them eat a strange combination of 
leftovers from the fridge/cabinets for dinner on the last night.

And since I took so long to blog, that means our trip next year is even sooner. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment