Friday, August 19, 2016

Ethan is 10

I should have known we were destined for ingenuity and creativity 
from my middle boy the day I looked back during our road trip and 
saw him stringing his cheerios on his shoe laces. 
He's the kid who can take apart a broken toy, figure out what's wrong and with some trial and error put it back together working! He has the confidence, determination, intelligence, and impulsiveness to not worry about getting into daddy's tools (even though he's been repeatedly told to ask before helping himself.)
Those big brown eyes can almost get him out of the trouble he stumbles into. ;) 
The past 10 years have been remarkable having him a part of our lives. 
He is passionate and expresses his likes and dislikes with fervor. I love him fiercely! 
He asked for a camera for his birthday as well as more art supplies. (Do you notice his favorite Doggie has been in many pictures for this post. I suppose Doggie is celebrating his 10th birthday too!)

On his birthday, both sets of grandparents were in town to celebrate. 
What could be better!
The requested chocolate chip cheesecake for dessert. 

It was Ethan's year to have a birthday party. He decided he wanted a paint your own pottery party. I told him he could select four friends (in addition to his siblings). The day before his party, he told me he wanted to make fondant paint palettes to lay on the brownie cupcakes he made for the party dessert. What??! My little artist has very specific ideas and opinions. 
I had never made fondant before, but I indulged his whims. He promised he would do most of the work and he did.  I'm sure I did everything wrong, but that fondant was a sticky mess. Luke grabbed my camera and was cracking up at me trying to knead it. I let it sit overnight and this is what Ethan made. Not perfect, but he was pleased with himself. That's all that matters. 

The party was a success. I have no idea where the time went, but it just flew by.
Oh my dear Ethan, you are a treasured gift from God. 
Can't wait to see what God has planned for your future. 
I will love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment