Sunday, August 21, 2016

July

When we weren't celebrating birthdays in July, we were VERY busy with swim team. 
(and just trying to keep up with day to day chores and responsibilities.)
Our practice schedule kept us at the pool M-F from around 8-11am. 
Many days we would head back to the pool for playtime with friends in the afternoon. 
Ethan and Aaron liked to pretend they were assistant coaches.  I was a 
little concerned the coaches were irritated by their regular shadowing 
and close observation, but when I asked the coaches they said they didn't mind. 
The boys were very eager to watch the older kids and I think 
the coaches appreciated that they were always willing to help out. 
(Putting in lane lines, pulling in lane lines, gathering kick boards, etc..)
They especially liked belonging to a team and showing their team spirit. 


Swim meets were so much more fun with long time friends!
All four kids set goals they wanted to achieve by the last swim meet. Every one of them did it! 
 The reward was the opportunity to "pie" a coach at the swim team banquet. 
(The coaches were great sports to motivate the kids this way.) 
Irina thought it was too mean, so she opted out. ;) 
 
We did do other things in July... some painting...
and gathering with other girls. My good friend Jessica and I led a middle school girls Bible Study for 6 weeks on Thursday evenings. I'm so thankful I was invited to participate in this. Such a gift to study, prepare, and lead these girls alongside my friend. I think it may have blessed me more then them!

All this swimming and activity sure did tire them out. Although Aaron had a habit 
of relocating to my bed after we tucked him in his own bed at night. He's almost 
getting to big for me to carry back to his own bed at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment