Monday, November 9, 2015

Days

There are some moments of our days I'd rather not remember. Why is it that those tend to be the moments I DO remember?? The failures, the disappointments, the angry words, the foolish choices (mine and the kids)... those are the things that tend to run through my head again and again. I don't even have to take a picture of those moments for them to be embedded in my brain. Why is that?

What I really WANT to remember is the Lord's kindness to me and to my children. Why do I choose instead to bathe my mind in the dirty messy muck of my sin and the sin of those around me? I want to be a sweet aroma of Christ, so I need to CHOOSE (and pray for help from the Holy Spirit) to "Rejoice in the Lord always."  These words from Philippians are such good medicine for me today. It matters what I think about!

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." 

The rest of this post is sweet smiles that remind me of God's goodness to me.

A morning walk in the rain before school. Super fun, but note to self... four umbrellas is too many for a walk. ;) We were quite a scene, but I love taking a walk with these kiddos in the morning, whatever the weather.
 Mid morning bike rides in between school subjects! I love it! 
 "Let's pretend like we are falling," exclaimed Aaron. Oh dear... looks a little too realistic. Ethan don't flip over the rail! You can't tell from this picture, but it is a long way down from this bridge. Ack!
Afternoon therapy... cleaning out a very messy room. It was gorgeous outside and the kids were playing happily outside. Being alone and cleaning was just what I needed. QUIET! Plus, I could hear them pretending right outside the open bedroom window. I filled some large bags for trash and recycling. (They won't even know some of their accumulated junk is missing!)
 We spent a couple Saturday evenings in the country with friends. 
Bonfire, burgers, woods, trees, s'mores, and great fellowship...so much fun!
My phone camera pictures are terrible, but I had to capture it. 

 Once a week, I get 45 minutes alone with this guy below. (Irina has tutoring and the other boys are at art class.) He has been craving some attention and doing anything to get it. It is an understatement to say he loves this time. We've gone on walks, run a few errands, set up obstacle courses, and just played. Last week, he kept saying, "Take my picture, Mumma."

Last week: "Can we rake the leaves?" "Of course!" Teamwork, laughter, JOY! priceless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment