Sunday, November 8, 2015

Change in plans... ZOO

A couple weeks ago, we were at the end of a two week stretch of a traveling Daddy. ugh! We'd been working hard on school work and keeping up with activities, but all of us were just plain grouchy with one another. I knew we needed to "reset" before starting another school week. That Friday, I decided to scrap our lesson plans. After an abbreviated school morning, we packed lunch and zipped off to a nearby zoo for a field trip. It was a surprise for the kids and just what my heart needed. 
As soon as I told the kids we were going on a field trip, they changed so they were matching. They are so funny! Irina wants a VT shirt!! She had her pink VT baseball cap, but it wasn't quite the same. 
I love to see the giraffes, but would not want that long tongue touching me! Doesn't phase Ethan. 
Reminds me of this picture above from when he was only 5. 
He's always been my animal lover. 
Camels will always remind me of my experience riding 
one when I was in Northern Africa one summer. Great memories!
 The weather at the zoo that day was perfect. It was not crowded and we ENJOYED one another. 
Ethan and I rode the sky ride together. I was so afraid to drop 
my camera or my shoes on the rhinoceros below us. Seriously, my heart was racing.
These three were right behind us. 
It was the perfect end to a couple long weeks. 
It's hard for me to abruptly change my plan, but I felt a nudging and I'm so glad I listened. 
A trip to the zoo was definitely God's plan for us that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment