Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Just the two of us...

Last weekend, Darin and I had the PRIVILEGE of a weekend away attending Family Life- Weekend to Remember - Marriage Conference. After our personal relationship with Jesus, our most important relationship is with one another. It's too easy for that to get overlooked with the needs of the kids, schooling, work, and taking care of a household. A favorite quote from the weekend was, "If we don't pursue oneness in marriage, we will naturally drift into isolation." We're choosing to pursue love and friendship. Together forever!
My crafty Ethan decided to get us into the spirit by making and hanging mistletoe around the house the week prior to the conference. When we called to check in, one of his first questions was, "Are you doing lots of smooching?" !!!! Funny boy!
I'm thankful for 17 years of commitment. 
With God all things are possible!

Getting away would never have been a reality without my parents willingness to take on the responsibility of the kids. (which is a LOT!) I'm so grateful that the kids blessed my parents by choosing to help rake leaves joyfully. A great balance of work and play! And my parents blessed them by treating them to lots of special treats!! They made some special memories together. 


If you've never attended a family life marriage conference, I highly recommend it. No matter how long you've been married. There were engaged couples, newlywed's, and a couple married 48 years!

1 comment: