Thursday, July 30, 2015

Top Ten

I've been conveniently avoiding sharing anything revealing about my heart this summer.
I've tried three times and those posts sit in my draft folder.

Top Ten Summer realizations:
1) I miss the schedule of the school year. (gasp!)

2) The kids miss the schedule of the school year. (double gasp!)

3) Lack of clear structure and too much free play is maddening for one of the kids, which in turn becomes maddening for me.

4) We might squeeze out one day a week without sibling conflict, but usually only if we fill the day  with exciting activities. Clearly we can't do that every day.

5) The kids are actually old enough and good enough swimmers for me to relax a bit at the pool! I've even LET myself relax on a few occasions. ;) Thankful for a pool membership.

6) The amazing free time that I thought I was going to have to get all sorts of projects completed is elusive. So far, only one project completed. I re-covered a desk chair. Hooray! Thankful to not be sitting on plywood anymore.

7) I prefer running in 8 degrees rather then 78 degrees with high humidity. I prefer running in rain then in heat.

8) I turn into a lethargic lump after 8:30pm every night and am unable to think clearly. How in the world do I get so much done in the evenings during the school year? Maybe this is my hibernation time?

9) I desperately miss studying the Bible with other women. Definitely need to make that a priority for next summer.

10) Although I LOVE sunshine and warmth, it does not mean I am a bouncing ball of joy (like I hoped!) God seems to be doing a BIG work in my heart, and while it is under construction I'm experiencing some messy emotions. God's work is an ongoing process. I'm struggling to learn to trust Him, keep my eyes fixed on Him, and remember that my identity is in Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment