Monday, July 20, 2015

Busy 4th

Darin had to travel over the 4th of July weekend. Boo hiss! He had a trip to a Smithfield plant to supervise the installations of four new units. Apparently they only shut down the plant quarterly and this was the weekend. SO... while he was supervising this...
...we made the best of our 4th with lots of activity!
We started off our morning with a long bike ride together 
with the promise of "Mommy Eggs" when we got home. 
Darin usually makes the kids breakfast on Saturday mornings
while I'm running, so I tried to fill in and make it fun!
Then we were off to the pool to swim laps. I don't always get in the water with them, so when I do they are thrilled. They hung with me swimming laps for about 15 minutes and then they were off to the diving board. I later followed to take some photos.
 Aaron dove off the diving board for the first time! So proud of him. 
Then we zipped home, scarfed down a quick lunch, and were off to an 
Old Fashioned Fourth of July celebration nearby. 


 A reading of the Declaration of Independence
Jonathan the juggler was a hit as usual. 

From there we went to Grammy and Poppy's for a delicious dinner. 
I realized on the way there I completely forgot to make or 
bring the side dish I said I would bring. Whoops!
And then home to watch fireworks out the window that our backyard neighbors set off in the culdesac. Talk about a convenient location. By this time, I was totally exhausted and so eager to get them in bed but the loud fireworks were hard to ignore. They finally finished by 10pm. phew!
We made the best of Daddy being gone and had a great BUSY day. 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like my kind of day. and i love that you still got your exercise in (bike ride/swim!) we are SO alike!

    ReplyDelete