Friday, July 31, 2015

All Alone

The older three kids were at at an arts camp this week until 12:30 each day. (more on that later) That left me with just Aaron. At times he was so quiet, I barely remembered he was there. Other times, he clamored for my attention repeatedly. I tried to work out a good mix of productivity and special Aaron time. I think we actually succeeded. yeah!

On Monday, he asked me to take the wooden trains out of the attic. Sure! They kept him busy for a long time. I made the effort to sit and build/play with him and he was thrilled. He also requested the trampoline and gymnastics mat (which were in hiding). He spent nearly an hour jumping and dancing to "funky" music. So happy! I love his decisiveness. 

It was a really fun week for him, even though he was missing out on the activities he heard about from his siblings. He didn't complain once about not being at camp. Thursday, he asked if we could go on a nature walk. Sure!


As I was pushing him on the swings, at his request, he said, 
"I really like being all alone with you Mommy." 


As much as I look forward to all four kids being old enough for this particular camp next year, I  savor this week with my baby. Definitely a reminder to carve out intentional time with EACH of the kids on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment