Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ethan is NINE

This kiddo can exasperate me and then warm my heart all in a matter of minutes! 
Oh how I love my sweet Ethan. Of all three biological kids, he was the most active in utero 
and the most difficult delivery. These days, he continues to keep me on my toes. 
He is passionate, active, fearless, and smart, smart, smart. 
He was walking at nine months, and he hasn't stopped moving since. 
Well, that is unless he is doing his art work. He is a talented artist. 
He is an inventor. In the photo above, we were on a car trip and he decided to string his 
cheerios on the lace of his shoe. Clever boy. No wonder he was so quiet. 
He has grown into his big brown eyes. So handsome. 
I suppose I've reminisced enough. Feeling awfully sentimental as these kids grow up. 
The day before Ethan's birthday, we had a joint party with our long time friends. 
Ethan and Aaron are one day shy of two years apart. Ethan requested homemade ice cream cake. 
A little bed head the morning of his birthday before swim team practice. 
He has LOVED swimming this summer and we have discovered a new talent of his. 
The rest of his birthday was a quiet, around the house kind of day. That evening we were invited to a cookout with some friends. Ethan was eager to go and didn't mind sharing his birthday evening. 
Boat rides, frog collecting, rainbows, skipping rocks at the waters edge...
just what this nature boy loves!


Happy 9th Birthday Ethan!!! You are loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment