Saturday, July 18, 2015

Beach Bums

Following Darin's birthday, we joined my extended family for our annual trip to the beach. We pushed the week of our trip to late June to accommodate everyone's end of year school schedules. That meant warmer temperatures and warmer water. Hooray! All the kids loved riding the waves.


 I'm afraid to put it in writing, but the kids are actually getting to the age that a trip to the beach is starting to really feel like vacation. Well, that is if you don't count all the packing, sunscreen application, and unpacking/laundry when we return. ;) I love love love the beach. The sun, the sand, the waves. ahhh! If these smiles are any indication, I think the kids agree!



A highlight for me was time one-on-one with each of my siblings. A long walk with my younger brother, a run with my older brother, a walk with my sister-in-law, and a run with Darin. I cherish those times without the distraction of kids to talk and share our hearts. 

 The annual family beach photos. Those are some CUTE grandkids!
Ages: 12, 11, 9, 7, 7.5, 7.75, almost 6, and almost 4




We missed having my sister-in-law from Canada with us. She had to stay behind to attend to farm and extended family responsibilities. I was delighted to fill in for her as the hair braiding lady for my nieces. ;)


 My mom made these two matching dresses and the skirt for Irina. Way to go Grammy!
Another week at the beach with family complete. Can't wait until next year!
Thanks for hosting us Grammy and Poppy.
30 minutes after we got home from the beach, I couldn't find these two. 
Would have never guessed they would disappear to the sandbox after a week at the beach. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment