Sunday, October 19, 2014

Rear View

One year ago TODAY, this was my view. 
Darin and I were on our way to Ukraine for our 
first of two trips to officially adopt Irina into our family. 
(Oh, I'm so glad that I get to lay down flat tonight to sleep!)

This will be a week/month of reminiscing. A time to remember God's goodness to 
us over the past two years as He very clearly led us down the path of adoption. 

TWO years ago on October 22, 2012, we made the prayerful decision to host Irina. 
Reminisce HERE. We had NO idea what God had in store for us. God knew. 

ONE year ago on October 23, 2012, we were reunited with Irina in Ukraine
after being apart for nine and a half months. That sounds short now, but at the time it felt 
so painfully long. I remember clearly that first hug at the orphanage and her big smile. 
Reminisce with us HERE. We had no idea how much God would bless us on that first trip. God knew. 

What a gift it is to me to be able to look back 
at this blog and see clear evidence of God at work. 
His tender care. His mercies. His LOVE for us.
God is so good! I am overwhelmed. 
What an unforgettable couple years it has been.

1 comment:

  1. I've learned so much about OUR Father through your journey. Thankful!

    ReplyDelete