Monday, September 28, 2015

God's Love Brings Joy

During this season of life, I am prone to struggle and wallow. I don't like it one bit. I want it fixed and over and nobody can do that for me. I'm thinking a lot about inner joy. Where does it come from? Can I manufacture it? If I ask God, will He just give it to me when I least expect it? Is there a checklist I can follow to make it come? Maybe I overcomplicate things by thinking too hard and analyzing everything? I am not a surface kind of gal. I dislike small talk and people being phony. Feeling things deeply is what I do...and therefore my relationship with life and with my Lord is thought about intently and passionately. (hmmm...I know a little boy in my house who is following in my footsteps. oh no!) I'm probably a little too "heart on my sleeve" and open/honest for some people's taste. Not too mention that I'm at that age (ahem!) that hormones are going batty. Sorry if I scare you. ;)

As I search scriptures, listen to sermons, and talk with friends this is what sticks out. I'm writing it here so I can come back to it and maybe, just maybe, it will encourage you? 
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. ...you being rooted and established in love, may have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19
"God's love is beyond human love in that it rises beyond our sphere, surpassing our domain on the ground. More important than the greatness of God's love is the quality: God's love is no emotion or experience. ...He is faithful. Which means He doesn't go back on his Word. He does not tire of us, find us boring, or grow disgusted with our stench or our surliness. God does not love as we love." Christopher Esget
"The source of my joy is that God has bigger goal for me than I do for myself and that God is 'all in' for me. Jesus is interceding on my behalf right now." Steve Shelby
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20
"The secret to being content in any and every situation is knowing that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." paraphrase Philippians 4:12-13
"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption." Psalm 130:5, 7

No comments:

Post a Comment