Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fun Surprise!

The last day of August... only 4 days into school, we gave the kids a fun surprise! If you haven't noticed, Darin is a huge fan of roller coasters. He was given discounted tickets to a nearby amusement park and just couldn't stand the thought of not using them. I was not as concerned about the loss ;), but have you seen the smile on Darin's face when he gets off a roller coaster? How could I deprive him of the opportunity?
Since I was reluctant to interrupt our new school morning rhythm, we compromised. We had a normal school day and made no mention of our afternoon/early evening plans. About 12:45,  we finished working and took a break for lunch. After lunch, Darin, who was working from home in his home office (ha!), told the kids we needed to run an errand together as a family. They were a little curious, but piled in the car. (I was so sneaky getting water bottles and snacks in the car without being discovered!) When we pulled in to KD, they were very excited!!!
The weather was gorgeous, the crowds were minimal, and we were together. 
Let's not mention how much I despise the price and quality of amusement park food. gag!

Luke, Aaron, and Irina got a little more daring with their ride 
choices and surprised themselves with their courage. 

I rode a bunch too, but never dared take any pictures when I was riding. 

It was a late night, and truth be told, I would have been more re-energized by laying on a tube like snoopy in the picture above. However, it was a great end of summer memory for the kids and I'm thankful they enjoyed the somewhat spontaneous surprise.

1 comment: