Friday, February 26, 2016

Ordinary and Extraordinary

At the beginning of this month, we got to celebrate my birthday. 
It was just an ordinary day. I think that's what I liked about it the most. 
It was a school day and so we did school. 
My parents joined us for a late lunch after we picked 
up the big boys from their homeschool academy. 
It was relaxed and happy. 

Surrounding my birthday, there were all sorts of special activities. 
The Friday before my birthday, a kind friend watched the kids 
so Darin and I could go out on a date. (Definitely a treat!) 
The week after my birthday, I enjoyed dessert out with another sweet friend. 
I finally got around to making books out of my blog. It's been 5 years of blogging and I'm thrilled to 
have hard copies of all the memories made. The blog books arrived unexpectedly ON my birthday. yeah!
I can't seem to get this photo to rotate, but Ethan cross stitched this lid topper for me.
The other kids bought the candy to fill it. Super sweet. Literally! ;)
And finally, Luke and Irina set the table for our extremely simple, yet delicious, kale salad and chicken dinner (my request). I got to use the "Celebrate" plate. In my mind, all these special touches made an ordinary day, extraordinary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment