Thursday, May 7, 2015

This and That

After two weeks of blogging silence, I finally have the mental energy to try to catch up. Darin has had a lot of traveling. Boo hiss! :(  I went away for the weekend with a group of adoptive mama's. Amazing! :) And we're on day 168 of our school year. Things are winding down in that department. Hooray! We finished our required testing last week and will wait for scores. ack! 

Some fun moments mixed in with our crazy... (and no I didn't take pictures of bad attitudes, 
tantrums, or an impatient mom which is so prevalent. I wonder what would happen if I did?) 

A trip to see a youth symphony to support a dear friend: 

Look at my blazer boys on the left. SO handsome. The kids loved listening. 
Well... as you can see Aaron was not as thrilled as everyone else. ;)

We had some cooking lessons while the older boys 
were at the homeschool academy. Irina loves her new apron. 

Science Fair and Showcase at Westminster Academy. 

Spontaneous trip to the botanical garden

These two were hilarious with their cameras. Running everywhere taking pictures together. 
 I never grow tired of the butterfly exhibit or beautiful flowers. 

 An unexpected rainbow... by the time I got my camera the double rainbow disappeared. 

And lastly, Luke's final project for his history class was a movie about the world wars. He chose to make a movie on music from World War II. The kids and parents voted his finished project 3rd place and he received his first Academy Award. He was beaming.

So much more has happened these last two weeks and I'm not even referring to the serious, thought provoking stuff which you know is swirling in my head. I'm too lazy to go downstairs and get my camera to see if I have any more photos to upload from our fun happenings. ;) 

Then there are the emotions of my biological first born turning 11 this weekend. oh my! I'll be back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment