Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mount Vernon

Last Tuesday, we took a field trip to George Washington's Mount Vernon. 
It was a great way to celebrate Veteran's Day. 
We certainly enjoyed the discounted rates for Homeschool Day. 

Darin was not able to join us due to work commitments, so we teamed up with another 
Mom and her 3 homeschooled kids. What a blessing to be alongside this family! 
History is not my strength, so I am thankful we could learn from my friend 
Amy who is full of historical knowledge. 
 There always has to be a silly pose, right? Ethan looks ill. ;) 
 It was a gorgeous day! The sun was surprisingly HOT. We all wished we were wearing short sleeves and shorts. 
Hard to believe that considering the temperature right now is 36 degrees! brrr...



 It was a really terrific day. We stumbled upon a ceremony at the tomb of George and Martha Washington. 
It was crowded, but the kids each got to place a red carnation by the tomb at the conclusion of the ceremony. 
They loved the drum and piccolo music. 

Later my friend remarked by email, "You were so patient with your kids today." 
Ha! I think I may have left my patience at Mount Vernon. Perhaps I need to drive back and retrieve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment