Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mud slide

We chose not to go to the pool this afternoon just to be sure the boy with the stomach bug was fully healed. We definitely did not want to be the cause of the pool being cleared!

As an alternative on this HOT HOT day... (my thermometer read 103 degrees!), the kids asked if they could play in the sprinkler. I said sure and gave them some guidelines. Then I got busy doing some kitchen work.

A short time later I stepped outside to find this...
They had snaked the hose and sprinkler up to the top 
of the slide and made their very own water slide. 
However, we haven't mulched yet this year and the dirt 
at the bottom of the slide quickly became mud.
She doesn't look very happy, but she was VERY happy. 

 I knew what they were doing and chose to let them continue. They were having a 
blast and no one was getting hurt. However, the mud is UNREAL! 
By the end, they were literally flinging the mud at each other. 
Oh my goodness! What a mess!
I think they all look healthy, right? 
Irina could not be a more perfect fit for these boys. 
She loved being muddy just as much as they did and 
was very eager to join in their shenanigans. 

1 comment: